Join us for 2 days of educational seminars, OIC credit opportunities, networking and more, presented by Hog Slat.
The Awards Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2022 awards luncheon. Nominate a deserving colleague today!
- Hall of Fame
- Outstanding Pork Producer of the Year
- Emerging Leader Award
- Award for Excellence in Innovation
- W.W. Shay Award for Industry Distinction
- The real story behind a Title VI complaint against the NC pork industry (Summer 2018)
- Claims on odor don’t pass the smell test (Spring 2020)
- The real record on North Carolina’s pork industry during hurricanes (Summer 2020)
- Meatpacking Plants Take Measures to Protect Workers, Feed America During COVID-19 Pandemic (Fall 2020)
- The Truth of the Matter – Health Claims Against Hog Farms Don’t Add Up (Winter 2020)
- The Truth of the Matter – Renewable Natural Gas project (Winter 2021)
RALEIGH – Six individuals were honored at a recent awards luncheon as part of the North Carolina Pork Council’s annual conference, which was delayed until November due to covid restrictions earlier in the year. Ed Emory, retired director of the Duplin County Cooperative Extension and chair of the NC Pork Council awards committee, presented the awards along with NCPC President Lorenda Overman.