NC Pork Summer of ‘Cue is back! Restaurants and small businesses still need support and we want to help. From Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day, gather your family and friends and finally check some of those barbecue joints off your list! Throughout your travels, post photos of you and/or your plate at at a NC barbecue restaurant and we’ll send you a reward!
Visit 5 restaurants to earn a special edition Summer of Cue T-shirt
Visit 10 restaurants to earn an insulated can cooler
PLUS, for every logged visit, we will donate $5 to a NC food bank! (Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC, Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast NC, Food Bank of the Albemarle, Manna Food Bank, Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina, Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC, or InterFaith Food Shuttle)
LOG YOUR VISITS TO GET YOUR REWARD Log visits by Sept. 8.
This way to a free rewards!
- FOLLOW NC PORK on Facebook (NC Pork Council) and Instagram (@NCPork). For added measure, indulge your passion of NC barbecue by following @wholehogbarbecue, too.
- EAT OUT AT LEAST THREE TIMES with either dine-in, carry-out or delivery service from any North Carolina food establishment (restaurant, food truck, mobile vendor) between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- CHOOSE PORK. Select any entrée for your meal where pork is the main ingredient. Barbecue is the obvious choice, but you can also choose a pork chop, ribs, pork belly burnt ends, shank, pork tacos, bratwurst, etc. (Heads up…brisket doesn’t count! It’s beef!)
- TAKE A PICTURE. Take a picture of, or selfie with your pork entrée. Remember the goal is to get other people to see the food and want to go eat there, too!
- SHARE AND TAG. Share it on social media. Be sure to tag the restaurant, tag @ncpork and use the hashtag #SummerofCue to register your entry. We will share as many of these posts as possible. Remember that the point of the challenge is to promote the restaurants.
- LOG YOUR VISITS TO GET YOUR REWARD. Once you’ve visited and promoted at least three restaurants, let us know! Fill out this form so we can send you your reward. NOTE: If your social media account is not public, we may need to contact you to verify your participation. On Facebook, you can make individual posts public.
- Must be 18 years or older and promote on your own social media account. Only two t-shirts per address. NC residents only.
NOTE: Final designs and/or color may vary slightly.
Check out where participants have been so far this year:
Don’t have a Barbecue Bucket List? Check out some of these resources to help develop a game plan: