To promote and educate to ensure a socially responsible and profitable North Carolina pork industry.
“To be the respected voice of North Carolina’s pork industry”
Through our public policy and advocacy efforts as well as our research, producer education, promotion, and consumer information programs and services, the North Carolina Pork Council will be the respected voice of North Carolina’s pork industry. As a viable and proactive organization, the Council will provide meaningful leadership for the state’s dynamic pork industry while engaging the diverse segments of the industry.
As leaders in the pork industry, the North Carolina Pork Council affirms our commitment to:
- produce safe food
- protect and promote animal well-being
- safeguard natural resources in all of our practices
- ensure our practices protect public health
- provide a work environment that is safe and consistent with our other ethical standards
- contribute to a better quality of life in our communities
- Ensure Sound Public Policy – The NC Pork Council will continue to engage in strategies to build relationships and actively advocate public policy positions that benefit the pork industry.
- Enhance Industry Image – The NC Pork Council will develop and implement communications strategies to successfully advance its mission.
- Education and Outreach – The NC Pork Council will continue to develop educational programs, both internally (producers, members) and externally (public), to satisfy its mission.
- Strive for Organization Excellence – The NC Pork Council will maintain a structure, staff, and board of directors to effectively serve the needs and interests of its stakeholders.
The North Carolina Pork Council (formerly the North Carolina Pork Producers Association) was organized as the North Carolina Swine Industry Association. It was chartered in 1962 as a North Carolina non-profit corporation. It is the oldest state pork producer organization in the nation that has operated under a mandatory checkoff funding system since its inception.